Jane Lane and Charles II

Jane Lane and Charles II

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Running Into Charles at the Airport

I fell sadly behind on blogging in my last few days in England - the research adventures were piling up thick and fast, and it was hard to find the time to record what I was doing. I will get caught up, soon. But I will leave 2009 by reporting this little tidbit: when I flew home on November 11, who should be down the counter checking into the same flight but Rufus Sewell, who, among other things, did a really good job playing Charles II in the British miniseries "Charles II: The Power and the Passion." I made so bold as to accost him and tell him I was a big fan of his work, particularly his portrayal of Charles. I gave him my card, and he grinned and said, "The Darling Strumpet! I'll have to find that!" So if you're seeing this, Mr. Sewell, thanks! You made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment